A Japanese noble with a generous spirit
- Born: Edo (?) around the year 1688. Presently 19 years old and living half the year in his ancestral home of Tokushiro, the other half in Edo.
- Family: father (the previous Lord Shimatani) is deceased. Mother and younger sister, O-matsu, are hostages in Edo. Elder sister is married to another noble. Also has uncles and several cousins with whom he frequently associates.
- Occupation: feudal lord.
- Skills: horsemanship, falconry, swordsmanship, poetry, calligraphy.
- Interests: He is a patron of the arts and keeps several artists employed in his home. Also interested in making his estate more productive. Enjoys a game of go. Takes an active interest in the design of his gardens.
- He can seem distant and formal because of his position, but is in fact a warm and kindhearted person who wants to do the best for all those in his care. He has natural authority and is fair and competent in running his estate. When he says he will make something happen, he stands by his word.
Silver Hands - coming 26 April 2013 from Top Hat Books