The Real Twitter #2

Following on from my last blog about bird lore, I came across a piece of artwork on Twitter (ironic!) that seemed to conjure up the spirit of Tammo ( the bird charmer character in my work-in-progress the Angelio Trilogy) perfectly.  It is by talented British artist, Rachel Toll (@Elidanza), who has kindly agreed to let me share it with you here.


My character, Tammo, is given the ability to charm birds with his flute.  This can also cause him to form a close bond with the bird in question, as happens with his pet crow, Coronis.  If you think this idea sounds a lot like Mozart's The Magic Flute, you're right.  And that's why Tammo's sworn twin, Carlo, always calls him Tamino.

This piece of artwork seemed a perfect gift for Tammo.  (Perhaps I could give it as an Easter present to him!)  And since Tammo plays the flute, I had to try the tune on my flute too.  Because not all the notes were visible on Twitter, I improvised the bits I couldn't see, making this my own version of the piece.  Hope you enjoy it, Tammo!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Praise of Hairy Women

A Day with the BBC

Beauty and the Beast: King of the Wood